Best Of The 2015-2016 Academic Year!
We at Louisville Lectures are so happy to announce our most viewed lectures, lecturers and divisions over the past academic year! This is our second year showcasing our lectures and professors that resonated most and we couldn't be prouder!
None of our efforts could be possible without the full support of our professors, administrative staff, our department chairs who offer unwavering belief (and significant funding!) and the residents that power this site.
"Technology will not replace teachers, but teachers who use technology will replace those who do not." - unknown
Distinguished Faculty Educators for 2015-2016
Dr. Lorrel Brown, Division of Cardiology
- Dr. Lorrel Brown is an Assistant Professor at the University of Louisville and is the Associate Director of the Cardiovascular Medicine fellowship. Her medical training was completed at Johns Hopkins University. She recently won the Clinical Faculty Teaching Award from the residents for her tremendous contributions both on the cardiology service and in the lecture hall. Her areas of interest in cardiac critical care, post-graduate medical education, and in-hospital cardiac arrest.
Rodrigo Cavallazzi, Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine
- Dr. Cavallazzi is an assistant professor of medicine at University of Louisville in the Pulmonary and Critical Care Department. He is a favorite of the residents and is heavily involved in the Community Acquired Pneumonia Organization (CAPO) research.
Gerald Lee, Division of Allergy and Immunology
- Dr. Gerald Lee is an Assistant Professor on faculty at the University of Louisville. He is the Division Chief of both the adult and pediatrics department of Allergy and Immunology. He is active in educating the community in both traditional as well as digital media; he has a Facebook Page and can be found on Twitter as @GerryLee.
Julie Harting, Pharm.D.
- Julie Harting is a clinical pharmacist at University of Louisville and an Assistant Professor of Pharmacy at Sullivan University. She serves on the Infectious Disease Bone and Joint team. Her areas of interest are antimicrobial stewardship and bone and joint infections.
Karim El-Kersh, Division of Pulmonology and Critical Care Medicine
- Dr. El-Kersh is currently a Sleep Medicine trained Pulmonologist at the University of Louisville. He completed his Pulmonary and Critical Care and Sleep Medicine fellowships in Louisville. We are fortunate that he stayed with the university of has continued to be very active in education and research. His clinical interests include pulmonary hypertension and sleep-related disorders.
Bryan Moffett, Division of General Internal Medicine
- Dr. Moffett is on faculty at the University of Louisville as an Assistant Professor of Internal Medicine. He practices primarily at the VA Hospital and is known for his ability to simplify and organize complex pathology.
Eleanor Lederer, Division of Nephrology
- Dr. Lederer is an Associate Professor of Medicine at the University of Louisville. She is the Chief of the Division of Nephrology, the Program Director for the Nephrology and Kidney Disease Fellowship, and is active in leadership in the American Society of Nephrology. She received training at Baylor University School of Medicine.Her areas of interest include kidney stone, genetic kidney disease, and renal complications of pregnancy.
Sathya Krishnasamy, Division of Endocrinology
- Dr. Krishnasamy a faculty member at the University of Louisville. She is an associate professor and Section Chief of Endocrinology and specializes in diabetes management and metabolism. She participates in the Endocrine Educators Forum of the International Endocrine Society.
George Aronoff, formerly Division of Nephrology
- Dr. Aronoff served for many years at the University of Louisville as an Assistant Professor of Medicine in the Department of Nephrology and Pharmacology, Medical Director of the University of Louisville Dialysis Unit and as the Nephrology Fellowship Program Director. He is currently the Assistant Chief Medical Officer at Renal Ventures Management in Colorado.